For the Dough:
- 3 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/3 cups of Warm Water, 110 degrees
- 1 Envelope of Yeast (2¼tsp)
For the Topping:
- Marinara Sauce – 1 bottle
- Shredded Mozzarella – as per your liking
- Beef Sausages – 7 no, (semicircles)
- Breaded Chicken Fillet – 1, (small cubes)
- Capsicum – 1 no. – bite sized cubes
- Onions – 1 no. – Thin slices
- Pickled Jalapeno
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Add the yeast to warm water and set it aside for about 10 minutes. (I think we should add the sugar as well, to activate the yeast! Will do next time.)
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough attachment, mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil. Stir the yeast in the water to make sure it’s all dissolved and add it to the flour mixture.
- With the speed on medium, mix until everything is combined. Reduce the speed to low and mix for 10 minutes. You may need to take it out and knead by hand too. (We had to!)
- Oil 2 bowls with olive oil and set aside. Divide the dough in two pieces and roll into a ball. Place each ball of dough into the oiled bowls, seam side down and brush the tops of the dough with a little oil to stop them from drying out. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of each bowl and place the dough into a warm place. Inside a microwave or an oven (oven turned off) works best. Let it sit for about 2 hours, or risen to double its size.
- To make the pizzas, preheat the oven to 425 degrees / gas mark 7.
- Sprinkle some flour onto your counter, take 1 ball of dough and dredge it in the flour on all sides. Using your hands or a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 10 inch circle.
- Using a pizza peel (or a baking sheet upside down so that there are no edges) place the rolled out pizza dough on it and start topping it. We used a rectangular baking tray brushed with canola oil. Using a ladle add the sauce and using the back of the ladle swirl it all over the top of the dough. Then add the sausages and fillet cubes and cover with little of the cheese. Then add the onions, capsicums, jalapenos, salt and pepper and top it off with more cheese.
- Cook for 12 minutes, rotating half way through to insure even cooking.
- Remove from oven and brush the crust with olive oil
- Eat while still hot and say YUMMY!
Inspired by Laura Vitale